This Speaker Requirements Checklist is here to make it as simple as possible to choose me as a presenter at your conference.
The Speaker Requirements Checklist addresses typical areas of concern. However, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to Contact me.
In addition to this page, here is a link where you can download the Speaker Requirements Checklist
Speaker Requirements and Fees
Fees are based on a variety of factors, including
- Length of presentation
- Audience size and
- Location of event
Speaking with you as a prospective client gives me a better idea of what you are looking for in a presenter, so please contact me to discuss options that will best fit your organization’s needs.
Deposits: One-half of the fee is required to confirm the speaking date. The balance is to be paid within thirty days of event.
Travel and Accommodations
Airfare/Flight Preference: Round trip airfare from Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Hotel Preference: One non-smoking room for the night prior to the event and for the date of the event, depending on return flights. I will select the hotel where I stay in conjunction with the client.
Ground Transportation: I am happy to use a hotel’s shuttle service, if available. If shuttle service is not available, the client and I will discuss what other arrangements are suitable.
Meals: All meals and hotel incidentals will be at the client’s expense.
Audio Visual Requirements
Audio or Visual Recording: Recording is not standard. There is an additional charge and must be discussed and approved in advance by Teresa Beeman.
A/V Preference (Keynotes)
- Wireless clip-on microphone
- One handheld microphone for audience participation
- LCD Projector for PowerPoint presentation.
(Teresa will bring her PowerPoint presentation on a memory stick for loading on to your system). Due to the proprietary nature of her presentation, the file needs to be removed from client’s computer once the session is finished.
A/V Preferences (Workshops)
- Wireless clip on microphone
- LCD Projector for PowerPoint presentation
- Laptop computer. Teresa will bring her PowerPoint presentation on a memory stick for loading on to your system. Due to the proprietary nature of her presentation, the file needs to be removed from client’s computer once the session is finished.
(Alternatively, Teresa may bring her own laptop computer with PowerPoint presentation to connect to your LCD projection system. In which case, a connection to the LCD projector for her laptop will be necessary.)
- Connection to LCD projector for laptop computer
The laptop computer should be placed on a nearby table or AV cart so that the speaker can see the computer screen.
- Remote changer for moving PowerPoint slides– if laptop computer provided by client
- Projection screen suitable for size of room and audience
- Access to facility’s wireless internet connection
- A portable speaker to connect to laptop or the capability to connect into the room’s speaker system to ensure audio from computer videos can be heard by participants
- Small rectangular table (at front of room) for Speaker to place materials
- Table tents/name tags for participants, sharpie pensNOTE: Technical person should be available during setup and during the presentation if microphones are used.
Room Setup (Workshops)
My workshops are interactive. To facilitate discussion and group work I prefer:
- Tables seating six to eight people, depending on the room size and total number of participants
Please make sure that participants can see the screen. (i.e. avoid pillars)
Presentation Materials/Handouts are emailed in advance so that my clients can reproduce high quality copies in sufficient quantity for the expected audience.
Books and CD’s: Educational materials are available on request. Discounts available for larger orders. If no materials are ordered, Teresa reserves the right to conduct back of room product sales.